Nasi Tumpeng

Saturday, June 7, 08.

I am backkkkk ...
After long time disappeared. Ya, I just had difficult time ... wonder some many difficulties in this year hmmm anyway it is not the subject ..

Today an Indonesian friend celebrate his birthday. Just a small party inviting everybody who attends the Fasting Prayer. As usual, the menu will be very awaited: Indonesian food!

This time I attach pictures .. too bad not have enough time to take more picture. And also to pay the respect for the one who celebrate birthday .... I really really want to take food picture but there are some other moments where need to be captured ...geez if there was other photographer I would be able to focus only to my interest ' foodie ..:).



The 'yellow mount' rice is called nasi tumpeng, made from mixture of glutenous rice + rice with some Indonesian spices. Sorry I couldn't tell you the recipe as I am not so keen in cooking now even after a very good chef explain to me the ingredients which I tried so much to concentrate on the conversation so that I could keep in track on what she is telling ,,,, hmmm .. But you could find the recipe in internet. Usually nasi tumpeng is presented on some Indonesian family celebration. It has some philosophy meaning beneath all the items, which I am not familiar (again).

It is accompanied with sambel goreng pete, ayam goreng (Indonesian fried chicken), dendeng sapi (dried spicied beef in red chilli) ... The big white plate above is filled with bakmi ayam (Indonesian chicken noodle).

Now I am hungry again after looking at those picture ... (drooling ... drooling mode on).

Comments

Anonymous said…
This looks incredible. I just stumbled on the idea of Tumpeng today for the first time and really like the tradition behind it, never mind how delicious the food looks. Your post has convinced me that recipes must be found and food must be cooked - Hetta.

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Be Downcast

世上只有妈妈好 SHI SHANG ZHI YOU MAMA HAO LYRICS

Apply Schengen visa (Paris) dari UK