Trapped in Traffic Light for 1 Hour

This is my experience in Bangkok in last August 2007, end of month. I had a prayer meeting somewhere in Petchburi road, and I took bus from to go there. It was Friday, and usually every Friday when it is end of month also it means VERY VERY BAD TRAFFIC JAM. Heard a lot about this. As I don't go around a lot, I just smile when people got mad about it.

This picture is for illustration about the traffic jam, not the situation here though.

And it was so so BAD. The climax was at the traffic light at the Ekkamai junction. The traffic light didn't move. Stick to the red color. well, it did blinked for several seconds, but it seems didn't affects the lines. First 10 minutes, 20 minutes, the passenger started boring. When I saw the lines before usm WOW as far as I can see Petchburi road it was full of cars.

At that time I had some snacks with me. So while waiting I ate them. I thought to got off and change bus, but it would be the same. It was not the bus's broblem, it's because of the traffic and traffic light arrangement. The traffic light is controlled manually, I guess. The officers or somebody let the other direction to go first and it created UNFAIR arrangment for our lines.
Finally, I checked it was nearly one hour to get 200 metres from the first spot. I got to my destination just about 9 pm which supposed to be 7.30 pm, very late.

Guess this is a patience lesson for me? At that time I couldn't think like this, but now I could think that well I need to control my emotions also and it was a good experience.

Have you ever face this situation?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Be Downcast

世上只有妈妈好 SHI SHANG ZHI YOU MAMA HAO LYRICS

Apply Schengen visa (Paris) dari UK